Let’s face it we simply live in a realm of spiritual warfare. Most of us are so consumed by what’s in front of us we don’t have the time to realize what the enemy is striking against. Before we know it we’re waking up in an awful mood, getting behind the wheel expressing road rage, blaring the latest rap song, throwing shade at people we call our friends, swiping right for the next hookup, and binge drinking into the night to wake up and do it all over again. Life is one big game for some and most are unsure of where and what the finish line is. Now don’t get it twisted…I’ve been there so this is not a game of judgement..I’m not God and I’m not here to be God. But, I once lived in this place… this place known as the world. Jesus is not the King of the World…He is our King of ETERNAL Life. By the grace of God I now can identify when the enemy is trying to interfere with my spirit and now I’m also here to help you identify this, too.
First, I want to express that throughout the Bible Satan is referenced as “god of this age”, “ruler of the world”, “power of the evil one”, and several others… I mean don’t let me lead you astray… God is sovereign about ALL, but He has allowed Satan to roam the Earth… now us – mankind – is put to the test. Do we fall into the habits of the world or do we overcome and put our spirit into the hands of Jesus Christ? I will share a few easy tips on how to keep your spirit healthy and a few tips of recognizing when the enemy is in your presence.
Keep your Spirit ALIVE & Well!
- Alright friends, I’m really not here to tell you what to do, but real quick we got to do something first. Are you a believer? Are you on the fence? Are you not a believer? Which category do you fall under? First we must accept Jesus Christ into our hearts & claim Him to be our Savior & believe that He died on the cross and resurrected on the third day! Did you just do that?! Congratulations – you are SAVED! This is so exciting. So if you did that or have done that before you should now be anointed with the Holy Spirit.
- Know that the Holy Spirit has been given to you as a gift so that Jesus is always with you. The Holy Spirit helps you feel convicted when we are doing things we shouldn’t be and helps bear fruit – among many other things. The Holy Spirit is the guide to our lives and when we stand in obedience we have an easier time identifying where God wants us.
- Get in the WORD! I cannot express this enough. I mean before I started walking with God… I maybe got in the Bible once or twice a year. Omgsh – face palm – THE DIFFERENCE it makes… I cannot express this enough you guys. Your spirit needs it, it’s literally the juice for your spirit. There are always days I don’t feel like it and I just do it anyway, thats discipline. Try it out.
- Worship. Worship is a lifestyle. Not just a song or prayer. But worship God in all that you do. Do everything as if it were for the Lord ( This statement can go really deep- but we will save that for a different post ). This can be difficult too because our flesh gets in the way, but as said before it’s all discipline.
- Pray. JUST.DO.IT. Throughout the days;all days. God seeks this relationship with you. Don’t just pray when something goes wrong. Building a steady relationship and having fluid communication helps keeps things in check.
Signs the enemy is prowlin’!
1. You’re unhappy. Yep, that simple. Did you know any negative thoughts or feelings are caused by enemy. God does not put any spirit of fear, anger, sadness, etc. onto us. The Bible says to take every thought captive – basically squash all bad (or fleshy) thoughts and replace it with the love and thinking Jesus Christ would have. I have learned to do this and now I’m so quick to correct my way of thinking.
2. You’re picking up your old habits. This can be drinking, smoking, cussing, indulging in sexual sin, etc. Typically when our spirit is healthy we have an easy time avoiding our worldly desires. The more we start to let those bad habits back into our lives, the more the devil has a foothold on us.
3. We aren’t keeping up with the Word or prayer. This is almost a no brainer, but when we aren’t sustaining that relationship with Jesus we grow away from Him. Stay steadfast in your relationship with God and the enemy will have a hard time attacking you. The devil usually helps us in feeling too lazy to do these things and it can be easy to give into.
Guys, the truth is.. We are all walking in the human body, but we all have a spirit too. The amount of evil around us that we cannot even see … *poof* mind blowing! Our spirit knows what is going on, but our mind wants to control everything. Surrender your spirit to Jesus and watch those bad days, weeks, and months turn to happy days. Don’t get me wrong, trials will still occur and God will use those to help us grow in the spirit, but be smart and be sensitive to know how your spirit is doing.
May the spiritual odds ever be in your favor.